DSEA, 136 E. Water St.
Dover, DE 19901
DSEA, 4135 Ogletown-Stanton Rd.
Suite 101 Newark, DE 19713
302-366-8440 (not a toll-free number)
Website Concerns: email@example.com
As we all know, last year had its challenges. We had to fight off cuts to our healthcare coverage and the possible loss of step increases. While we were successful in fighting off both, the fight isn't over.
We fought the SEBC's proposed increased premiums and co-pays to our healthcare plan. Our members joined in on the call to action and let SEBC members and legislators know that these increases were unacceptable…and won. Along with stopping the massive increases, we negotiated a seat at the table for future healthcare decisions.
What came of this "seat at the table" is the State Employee Health Plan Task Force, on which Jeff Taschner (DSEA Exec. Director) will serve on as our representative. This task force will hold Public Testimony meetings in September for you to come and voice your concerns and have your voice heard. Task force meetings are also open to the public and will be held across the state in September-November. Now, we need you - once again - to step up and share your opinions on your healthcare coverage.
Please come to the public testimony meetings, stand up, and speak out about why you value your benefits. This is what we asked for…this is our voice in the process. If we have no participation in these public hearings we lose our ability to be a part of the process. At these hearings, individuals will be given 3 minutes to speak and group representatives will be given 5 minutes to speak. If you are unable to attend the hearings, we ask that you take advantage of the "suggestions mailbox" they are providing for our use. To send something to the mailbox, just email your written statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is the schedule for these hearings/ meetings, DSEA will also be publicizing the dates on our website and Facebook page. We hope to see you at the hearings throughout September and at the task force meetings through November.
Public Testimony to the State Employee Health Plan Task Force
- Thursday, September 17th- 5:00-7:30 pm, Delaware Technical and Community College Terry Campus, Room 727 (100 Campus Dr, Dover 19904)
- Monday, September 21st- 5:00- 7:30 pm, Delaware Technical and Community College Owens Campus, Wm. Carter Partnership Center- Lecture Hall (RT 18, Georgetown 19947)
- Tuesday, September 22nd- 12:00-3:00 pm, Carvel State Office Building, 2nd Flr Auditorium (820 N. French St, Wilmington 19801)
- Tuesday, September 22nd- 5:00-7:30 pm, Delaware Technical and Community College Stanton Campus, Conference Rooms A114 & A116 (400 Stanton-Christina Rd, Newark 19713)
State Employee Health Plan Task Force Meetings (open to public)
- Sept. 9th, 10 am-12 pm - Haslet Armory, Conference Room 219 (Dover)
- Sept. 24th, 10 am-12 pm -Buena Vista, Buck Library (New Castle)
- Oct. 8th, 1-3pm, Tattnall Building, Conference Room 112 (Dover)
- Oct. 22nd, 10 am- 12pm, Buena Vista, Buck Library (New Castle)
- Nov. 5th, 10 am- 12pm, Buena Vista, Buck Library (New Castle)
- Nov. 17th, 10 am- 12pm, Buena Vista, Buck Library (New Castle)