About DSEA-Retired and Why You Should Join
We are retired employees from Delaware's public school system. Most of us are former active DSEA members who have continued our connections with DSEA by joining DSEA-Retired and NEA-Retired.
Members receive monthly newsletters with information and news about upcoming activities.
Committees meet monthly or as needed at the DSEA office in Dover. We're always looking for more committee members. Would you like to help?
Vist our links on the side to gather more information about each committee and who our board of directors are.
Who is eligible to join DSEA–Retired? Anyone who has worked in Delaware’s public schools.
c/o Debbie Weaver
136 E. Water Street
Dover, DE 19901
302-734-5834 in Kent County
REASONS TO JOIN:
- For too many years, issues affecting retired school employees’ pensions & health benefits have been put on the “back burner” by politicians & legislative leaders. DSEA-Retired is an organization that has reversed that neglect.
- In the past, retired school employees found it difficult to maintain ties with the schools – the institution to which they devoted years of effort & dedication. DSEA-Retired, as part of DSEA, provides the opportunity to keep in touch.
- Even with the good planning, personal finances can change in retirement. DSEA-Retired & NEA-Retired members continue to qualify for discounts on life, auto, home AD&D, Medicare supplement, long-term care and homeowner’s insurance; books, magazine, car rentals; higher education loans; mutual funds, certificates of deposit, money market funds; credit cards, hearing aid products & other items (www.neamb.com).
- After devoting so much to education, it’s hard to go without news of what’s happening today in the schools. Membership in DSEA-Retired brings regular accounts of trends, issues and developments in public education through publications such as NEA Today, DSEA Action, DSEA-Retired News and NEA-Retired’s This Active Life.
- Success in improving the lives of school employees can only come through an organization that has the resources, expertise & clout to work effectively with the legislature, the Pension Board, & others who affect your livelihood. Through its affiliation with DSEA, DSEA-Retired is the only retired school employee organization in Delaware that meets these criteria – that has the track record & the tradition to do the job for you!
- Retirees can maintain their active status by joining one of many DSEA-Retired committees, such as Membership, Activity, and Communications. Or, you can become very active by joining the Board of Directors. The committees & board have only one central purpose in mind – to strengthen the DSEA-Retired.
- The relationships & friendships that you formed with colleagues when you were teaching are strengthened in retirement through DSEA-Retired Plus, new friendships are formed.