Helpful services for members during tough economic times
NEA Member Benefits (NEA MB) knows many NEA member households are struggling to navigate through today’s difficult economic times. Coping with layoffs, salary cuts, and other financial issues, NEA members are looking for solutions. As member advocates, NEA MB has been working with program suppliers to ensure that participating members get the support and consideration they need and deserve.
Below is a list of services that are currently available to NEA members. NEA MB will continue to collaborate with its suppliers to identify additional opportunities to provide special consideration and, where possible, temporary relief from financial pressures. NEA MB will continue to update this list as new services become available.
Before you buy anything, see what these member-only programs can do for you:
- NEA Click & Save® Save a bundle at your favorite online stores, including Lowes, Target, Macy’s, The Home Depot, Best Buy and Toys “R” Us. Save big at local merchants and restaurants, too. Shop for everything from clothing and electronics, to pet food, vacations and jewelry. Earn WOWPoints at thousands of merchants, and redeem them just like cash: neamb.com/clickandsave
- NEA® Auto Buying Program Guaranteed savings on new cars and special used car discounts put you in the driver’s seat at certified dealers nationwide. Members have seen average savings of $3,078 off MSRP: neamb.com/autobuying
- Costco® Membership Discounts for new memberships; additional savings for existing Costco members: neamb.com/costco
- NEA® Wireless Program Save 15% on monthly AT&T cell phone service: neamb.com/wireless
- NEA® Electric and Natural Gas Program Power your home with specially negotiated low rates (in select areas): neamb.com/energy
- NEA® ID Theft Protection Program Select from 4 comprehensive plans starting at just $19.95 a year: neamb.com/idfraud
- NEA® Hearing Care Program Save 30% to 70% on top-quality hearing aids. Each Hear In America hearing aid includes a 2-year warranty at no additional charge. Members and their families receive FREE hearing screenings: neamb.com/hearing
- NEA® Heating Oil Program Save 15¢ to 25¢ per gallon, get $50 of FREE heating oil and enjoy a FREE or discounted service contract (in select areas): neamb.com/heatingoil
- H&R Block Save on tax preparation services, software and online programs (available from January 1 through April 15): neamb.com/hrblock
- NEA® Vehicle Protection Program Save $100 on extended vehicle service contracts from CARCHEX®—a provider of competitively priced extended warranties trusted by industry experts: neamb.com/vpp
- NEA MB & NEA Magazine Service are offering members 2 free subsrciptions for a year. For a list of free subscriptions or to sign up, click here. Please call 1-800-968-7624 with any questions.
The NEA Members Insurance Trust® provides this valuable coverage at no cost to you:
- Eligible members receive up to $1,000 of NEA® Complimentary Life Insurance and up to $5,000 of AD&D (accidental death and dismemberment) coverage. AD&D benefits climb to $50,000 for on-the-job accidents; life insurance benefits increase to $150,000 for on-the-job homicide: neamb.com/complife
- Eligible new members also receive $15,000 of no-cost NEA® Introductory Term Life Insurance throughout their first 12 months: neamb.com/introlife
You and your spouse can supplement this coverage with a wide range of plans, all available at preferred, member-only rates:
- NEA® Group Term Life Insurance is an easy way to add up to $500,000 in coverage. Rates are highly competitive, and coverage can be increased or decreased at any time: neamb.com/gtl
- NEA® Level Premium Term Life Insurance guarantees a fixed rate for 10, 15 or 20 years—on up to $1,000,000 in coverage: neamb.com/levelpremium
- If you’re 45 or older, you can’t be turned down for NEA® Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance. Choose coverage up to $10,000 or $20,000: neamb.com/gil
- NEA® Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance starts at $19 a year and provides up to $130,000 in coverage. It’s our most affordable option. Step up to AD&D Plus or AD&D Advantage for higher limits and broader coverage: neamb.com/add
- Choose the NEA® Medicare Supplement Program for lower rates, on average, than the leading plan. It’s provided by the NEA Members Insurance Trust: neamb.com/medsupp
- NEA® Hospital Income Insurance Plan pays cash directly to you, to help with extra expenses: neamb.com/hospitalcare
- NEA® Long-Term Care Insurance offers member-only rates to help cover nursing home care, caregivers at home, and more: neamb.com/ltc
- NEA® Dental & Vision Insurance Plans offer affordable access to comprehensive dental and vision care, your choice of providers, plus hassle-free benefits: neamb.com/dentalvision
- The NEA Income Protection® Plan pays you a monthly income when you’re unable to work due to a covered illness or injury: neamb.com/incomeprotect
- NEA® Pet Insurance covers accidents and illnesses with plans starting under $1 a day. Emergency visits, prescriptions, lab tests, exams, cancer care, hospitalization, surgery, X-rays and more are typically covered: neamb.com/pet
Property & Casualty Insurance
- NEA® Auto & Home Insurance helps drivers save an average of $443 a year, plus homeowners get extra coverage designed just for educators: neamb.com/autohome
- NEA also offers coverage for floods, earthquakes, mobile homes, condo/renters insurance, personal umbrella, recreational needs, and auto insurance for antique and classic cars, motorcycles, recreation vehicles, boats and snowmobiles: neamb.com/homeandauto & neamb.com/specialtyinsurance
Financial Services & Programs
- NEA® Savings Program Get more for your money through our high-performing savings products which include:
- NEA® Online Savings Account
- NEA® Money Market Account
- NEA® Certificate of Deposit
- NEA® IRA Certificate of Deposit
Receive a $20 member bonus for each new account type you open each year (excludes IRAs). Deposit products offered by Discover Bank, Member FDIC: neamb.com/savings
- NEA Personal Loan® Discover an easier way to pay off higher-interest debt. Members meeting credit criteria can take advantage of low, competitive rates and no balance transfer fees to consolidate debt into one simple-to-manage loan: neamb.com/personalloan
- NEA® Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae® Borrow up to 100% of college tuition, room, board and other costs. Defer payments until after graduation, and lower your rate by a quarter point when you make 12 consecutive on-time payments: neamb.com/studentloan
- NEA Home Financing Program® Count on exceptional service, a choice of loan options, and competitive rates and fees on purchase and refinance mortgages, home equity loans, and lines of credit. Receive a $500 reward card when you close your purchase or refinance loan: neamb.com/hf
- Online Retirement Planning Center Profit from lifestage-specific planning tips—whether you’re just starting out or you’ve already retired. Brush up on everything from savings strategies for women to 403(b) management. Keep current on financial news and investment trends with the FREE monthly Kiplinger’s Retirement Report. Or use our own Retirement Income Calculator to gauge your savings health: neamb.com/retire
- NEA’s Tax-Deferred Retirement Savings Program provides an ideal opportunity to supplement your retirement income and better protect your financial future: neamb.com/retire
Make NEA Click & Save your first stop. It’s our most popular discount program, with four different ways to save on travel: neamb.com/clickandsave
- Browse through exclusive offers from airlines, hotel chains, cruise lines and resorts. New deals are constantly being added, so if you don’t like Monday’s choices, come back Tuesday afternoon.
- Get specially discounted tickets to Florida theme parks, Broadway shows and all kinds of attractions.
- Book virtually any flight or hotel room to complete your itinerary. You’ll get the same great deals offered on the most popular sites.
- Earn WOWPoints with most travel dollars you spend. Like a second helping of savings, these exclusive rewards make all the difference. Combine them with WOWPoints you earn through everyday shopping on NEA Click & Save, then redeem them like cash at thousands of merchants. Use them on your next trip—or buy anything from new clothes to a new computer!
Get VIP savings when you book directly with car rental companies and motel chains:
- Hertz® Save up to 25%, plus enjoy exclusive NEA member benefits, like no additional driver fee, when you rent from Hertz. For more information: neamb.com/hertz
- Alamo Rent A Car® Save more so you can see more. Get a member discount on low prices, take advantage of online check-in and get to the fun—faster: neamb.com/alamo
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® Exceptional customer service and the savings to match. Receive your member discount on everyday low rates. Plus, We’ll Pick You Up® neamb.com/enterprise
- National Car Rental® Go Like a Pro and save up to 25% on your rental. Get your member discount and additional coupons to save even more: neamb.com/national
- Red Roof Inns Save 20% at any of 360 locations, in 39 states from coast to coast. Enjoy free WiFi in all rooms at these pet-friendly hotels: neamb.com/redroof
- Trafalgar: NEA members and their traveling companions receive an additional 10% savings on a choice of 230 guided vacations to Europe, North and South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand in a variety of trip styles: neamb.com/trafalgar
- G Adventures: Explore all seven continents on land or by sea, with an experiential, smallgroup travel company offering the world’s greatest adventures. NEA members and up to three travel companions can receive a 15% NEA discount off their next trip OR any other single G Adventures offer, whichever is greater: neamb.com/gadventures
- New NEA Travel opportunities and special promotions are being added all the time. Check neamb.com/travel for exciting travel offers.
Professional Development Programs
We understand your commitment to your students and your profession. We know how much you invest every day. That’s why we’re so proud to give back to you.
Save on these resources:
- The NEA Academy® Degree & Continuing Education Program is a leader in online learning and career development, offering continuing education courses, plus undergraduate and advanced degree programs. You save 5% to 10% on tuition and fees, and scholarships are available: neaacademy.org
- Learning Bridges Members receive 25% off online courses and instant access to teaching resources offered through Learning Bridges, an NEA Academy partner. Check out the Teacher Support Tool and other peer-reviewed education options: neaacademy.org/learningbridges
- School Library Journal Save 47.5% on the world’s most-renowned reviewer of children’s and young adult curriculum, books, audio, video, and technology resources. Additionally, NEA members will receive access to the digital version of SLJ: neamb.com/slj
- Corwin Save 25% off the regular price of all Corwin books. Teachers can also benefit from the innovative Read 2 Earn program: neamb.com/corwin
- SmileMakers Save up to 20% off, no minimum order required, and get FREE shipping with your order of $25 or more. Use promo code NEAMB when placing your order: neamb.com/smilemakers
- Lesson Planet Save 20% on the leading online curriculum search tool, providing access to more than 400,000+ lesson plans: neamb.com/lessonplanet
Take advantage of no-cost resources:
- Teachers-Teachers.com Browse thousands of school jobs, post a résumé and apply online: neamb.com/teachingjobs
- uBoost Reward students for their accomplishments with points they can redeem online for prizes: neamb.com/uboost
- Works4Me E-Newsletter Get peersourced classroom tips delivered right to your inbox when you subscribe at neamb.com/works4me
- Digital Wish Lets you build a wish list of technology products for your classroom, and provides educator grant and special program offers to members: neamb.com/digitalwish
- GPSNetwork.org NEA’s community and social networking system, featuring group discussions on topics like classroom tips, school reform and community engagement: gpsnetwork.org