DSEA, 136 E. Water St.
Dover, DE 19901
DSEA, 4135 Ogletown-Stanton Rd.
Suite 101 Newark, DE 19713
302-366-8440 (not a toll-free number)
Website Concerns: email@example.com
What is the Superstars in Education Awards Program?
Created in 1989 and supported by the business community, Superstars in Education is a statewide program that recognizes members of Delaware’s education community who have implemented and sustained best practices and innovative educational programs.
This year, they are highlighting excellence in science teaching, integrated classroom technology practices, and school-to-career partnerships. Additionally, a special award will be presented recognizing business/community leadership in supporting education.
The Superstars in Education Program culminates in a recognition reception attended by business and community leaders, educators, administrators and elected officials. The winners will receive awards and be featured in the May/June 2015 issue of the State Chamber’s magazine, Delaware Business.
How can a program be nominated for an award?
Simply complete the following steps:
What will program receive if they win?
Each winner will receive:
How does the selection and evaluation process work?
All completed nominations will be reviewed by the Superstars in Education Selection Committee. Nominations will be evaluated on a 100-point scale. The evaluation rubric is included (see below). All submission must be sent electronically. Please send to Mark DiMaio at firstname.lastname@example.org .
How do I know if I am eligible?
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
What is the program timeline?
NOW YOU ARE READY TO PREPARE AND SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION.
1. Provide a written response to the following Evaluation Criteria. The Evaluation Criteria response must be prepared on 8 1/2” x 11” paper, one-sided, single-spaced, 12 point, and Times New Roman font, not to exceed two pages.
Evaluation Criteria (evaluation rubric)
• Summary:Write a 250-word-or-less summary that describes the teaching practice and/or program. This summary may be included in promotional material for the Superstars program.
• Needs Assessment: State the objective of the teaching practice and/or program in the context of how the program contributes to improved student skill development and increased academic performance. Describe why the program was developed and the specific area of student growth it addresses (personal, academic, and/or vocational)
• Action Plan: Specify how you implemented the practice/program and offer recommendations as to how it might be replicated in other school settings. Describe how the program will be sustained and possibly expanded.
• Results: Describe the program’s measurable results and show how the implementation of the program contributed to improved student skill development and higher student achievement. Produce evidence of positive impact from the practice/program that is verified by as many sources as possible (i.e. standardized tests, state tests, survey data, qualitative indicators, etc.).
• Educational Impact: This is a critical element. Demonstrate the long-term educational impact of the practice/program. Specifically identify key academic standards, skills being taught and mastered and other student outcomes to be improved.
2. Additional supporting documentation (up to but not exceeding 2 pages) may be attached. Additional documentation must use the same format as directed for the Evaluation Criteria.
3. Provide a list that names all individuals responsible for the program including job titles. Individuals listed will be recognized at the awards reception if the program is selected as a winner. Can be a separate page.
4. Complete the “Awards Nomination Form” on the following page.
Applications submitted with more than 2 pages of copy for the Evaluation Criteria, and/or more than 2 pages of supporting documentation will be considered ineligible.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4:30 PM ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2016.
[CLICK HERE] to download the Superstars in Education Nomination Form and letter.